The In-Line King-Pin Steer Axle was designed specifically for trailer applications requiring forced steering axles. Since the kingpin is “in line” with the axle beam, the wheels can be rotated without scrubbing the tires even if the trailer is stationary.
- Steering angle can be controlled either mechanically or hydraulically up to 45 degrees
- Compatible with most existing brake configurations, including S-cam or air disc
- Provides maximum turning radius of 45 degrees
- Bolt-on forced steering arms can be attached in 4 different locations
- Variety of track widths available
- Offers true power steering as a result of the king pin’s centre line position
- High-strength, induction-heat-treated spindles in most popular configurations
- Reverse locking cylinder available
- As with all IMT axles, the track width is customizable to fit your trailer.
- Available in 16,000, 22,500 and 25,000 lb capacities